Friday, April 17, 2009

Don't touch that tree!

Anyone who grew up in Denver should remember such classics like Blinky the Clown, the Shane company's commercial and maybe even Celebrity Sports center.

I only bring it up because I just spent an hour or so on this thread at Boingboing.net.

Ah memories of being able to smell what kind of Jolly Ranchers factory was making that day, or spending a weekend day at Cin City, or dinner at the Organ Grinder.

And bonus points for those that can identify the image to the left...

2 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

Dude...I miss the gum trees on the waiting queue to get on the log flume ride. The part I don't miss is the memory of the scream saying

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH THOSE."

Again, part of the character and memories which are completely absent from the new location of the sterile and sanitized version of Elitch's.

Sigh.

Sangediver said...

I know! Plus, there's absolutely NO where to make out on the new log ride ;)