Sunday, June 24, 2007

Never befriend an enabler.

For the last 6 months or so, I have been relatively free of obsessive video games. It's been kinda nice not having the need to play until 4 am.

Now, thanks to a friend who will remain nameless (but rhymes with "hair in"), I have a new obsession.

"I'll lend you a copy, just to try.", he said.
"You may not even like it." he claimed.

Riiiiight, the first one is always free. This is the same "friend" that got me hooked on Oblivion - a habit I managed to kick about 6 months ago (see a pattern yet?).

This "friend" got me hooked on Battlefield 2142, a squad based FPS. Now I can't let a night go by without trying for the next rank. I dreamt about it last night - which is a sure sign I'm playing too much.

So this is a public thanks to my "friend".

I hate you because....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the 1st to congratulate you on some very impressive introspection and self observation. I will not name myself for the overwhelming joy I feel for you. A person who so readily, and so innocently, sacrificed himself to the videogame gods. This must be a gift for your soul, a journey of the mind and spirit. May the ones who have fallen so gallantly and courageously before you guide your spirit to the wisdom of the future and the brilliance of the light.
BTW: Quake Wars: Enemy Territory is coming this August, oh did I mention the beta is out. Want a copy?

Sangediver said...

Evil, pure and simple from the 8th Dimension!!!