Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wii have spirit....How 'bout you?


So I folded under the pressure.

I valiantly resisted the urge to buy a Wii for months. Ultimately though, it was all for naught as I picked one up last week.
My big reservation was that I didn't know anyone that owned one, nor did any stores have any demo systems (understandably).
After spending a week with it I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. While the graphics are nowhere near the "next-gen" mark, the game play more than makes up for this. Nintendo has never marketed this as a next-gen console, and rightfully so. Nintendo, wisely (IMHO) decided to go a different route and market to those that want a different gaming experience, and have succeeded!

Any console that allows you to hammer throw cows by swinging the controller over your head, or guide a paraglider by flapping your arms like wings gets my vote! Last night, I took my new toy to our monthly game night and we had a blast with it. Interestingly enough, we spent most of the time playing the game that came with the console, Wii Sports (even though I had rented Rayman & Warioware - both fun BTW).

Despite all the talk of the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, I am satisfied with my decision. For $100 less than a PS3 console, I got the Wii, 2 controllers, 2 "nunchucks" and 3 games. Pretty easy math I think...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luckily for you since Math was never your strong suit. :o)