Monday, June 23, 2008

More Nightmarish Movies

At long last I've almost finished the Horrorfest. Over all, I can honestly say that I'm just fine missing this year's run of horror movies.

Nighmare Man wasn't horrible, it just wasn't good. Some of the dialogue was actually decent, but the over all movie kinda blew. It almost seemed as if the makers were trying to make a movie like Scream, one that pokes fun at horror movies in general, but didn't know how. Where Scream was a fun movie, this one bored me to tears. The movie has your standard "look at this pretty mask I found, it summons demons. Isn't it pretty?" plotline. Throw in some late night Cinemax aspects and you have a movie "unfit for general release". Not that this is really the case. Yet again the only reason I can see for this movie not being released is that it's just not good enough.

Tooth and Nail is about a post apocalyptic band of survivors running from a group of cannibals. Again nothing real redeeming here. Bad acting, bad scripting, cheesey special effects all lead to a crap movie. The best part is that it's only 90 minutes long, a tad less with strategic fast forwarding. It's a sad thing when you turn off the movie and find yourself glad that Robocop is on. Here I thought Nightmare Man was boring.


If I didn't only have one movie left I would throw the towel in...

No comments: