Thursday, August 7, 2008

Customer Quote of the Month - August

Customer that had just signed up his girlfriend for scuba class, "Hi, I just signed my girlfriend, Jane Doe up for class."

Me, "OK. What can I do for you?"

CthJSUHGFfSC, "Well it looks like the student kit doesn't have the binder it should."

Me, "That's because we've changed the kit we sell. In order to save you some money we are now using the cheaper kit. It's about $35 cheaper if we don't force you to have a binder."

CthJSUHGFfSC, "I did my class last year and my kit included a binder."

Me, "That's because we changed the kit for our students. This one is cheaper. If you really want a binder we have some for $25. You still save about $10."

CthJSUHGFfSC, "So this kit doesn't include a binder?"

Me (while pounding my head against the counter), "No. No this kit does not include the binder."

CthJSUHGFfSC, "Don't you think it should? Store Y includes a binder in their kit."

Me, "The kit you're talking about is more expensive, but you're probably right, theirs includes a binder."

CthJSUHGFfSC, "Well then I want to cancel the class and get my money back."

Me, "So you want to cancel the class here so you can go spend more money at another shop?"

Ok I didn't say that last part, but I sure as hell thought it. I ended with, "You'll have to talk to the owner if you want your non-refundable deposit back.

That's one huge case of officesupplyphilia...

2 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

On the upside, you'll have one less patently stupid person in your classes. Or one less drowning victim depending on your point of view.

Because someone that slow would probably forget that they can't breathe underwater without the scuba equipment.

Oy vey.

Sangediver said...

True, BUT he's already certified (not by us mind you).

Just goes to show anyone can do this sport. Not that they should, because I guarantee that this bonehead will be on my boat at sometime in the future...