Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Barenaked Farewell

A few days ago my favorite band announced that one of their key members is leaving to "solo projects including theatrical opportunities".

It should be interesting to see what this does for the band. While he did write quite a few of the songs, he was by no means the sole creative mind in the band. I don't really think it will affect the songs too much. The big impact will be the loss of his voice. Ed Robertson is a great singer, but can't quite compete with Steven's voice. The good news is that it seems to be a friendly break and the band is supporting Steven's decision.

In any case I'm looking forward to future albums, one of which is being recorded this spring. Plus I wish good luck to Steven!

3 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

They need a replacement member?

Two words.

Michael Stipe.

"It's GOLD, Jerry. GOLD, I tell ya!!"

:-)

I will be hiding in a country ending in -istan, now....

Unknown said...

That was comedy gold Roland! I could imagine the Monkeydiver's face when he read it.

Sangediver said...

Now why, WHY would you do that?

I figure I'm pretty safe. Michael Stipe is WAY too pretentious to be a part of a band like BNL.

Remember this when Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 comes out. Karma's a bitch...