Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sleepless babies and dead dogs

The last few nights, B-Mac as decided that night time is most definitely not the time to sleep. He is clearly exhausted, but is too stubborn to admit it (a trait he obviously gets from his mother, BTW). Each night has taken 2 - 3 hours to get the little bugger to sleep. He'll doze just long enough for us to walk out of the room and he's wide awake again - sigh.

Anyway, last night I had just gotten him to stay asleep (after about 2 1/2 hours of coaxing) and it actually looked like he would stay that way. I laid his sleeping form into his crib and turned around to see the dog standing behind me wagging his tail, with an almost mischevious doggie smile. I swear he winked at me! The damned mutt then proceeded to shake his head violently, producing a huge clatter of dog tags. B-Mac was awake yet again.

I now have a lovely Australian Shepherd pelt for sale, CHEAP!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll trade you for an orange tabby pelt... he took another dump on the carpet last night with one of his THREE boxes completely empty (except for sand of course).

Sangediver said...

No thanks. You realize that means he's sick right? ;)

Unknown said...

No... it doesn't. With any other cat that means he's sick. With this cat it could mean you looked at him funny. I wish I were kidding.

Roland Deschain said...

Please, that doesn't mean he's sick.

That just means that the cat is well aware of three things:
a) Mrs. Snarky loves the cat
b) Snarky hates the cat
c) Snarky has to clean up after kitty because of Mrs. Snarky's expecting and all.

Thus, we break this down to cat being well aware that he can pretty much get away with murder right now...and Snarky has to just sigh and move on.

Godspeed, Snarky...Godspeed...

Sangediver said...

OF course I was being facetious ;) Mmmmm...orange tabby tenderloins...

hotdrwife said...

Do you have any white noise going on in the room for B-Mac? Sound machine? Fan? I wish I would have started that earlier for Bug.

PS I will not be eating at your house anytime soon if you say tenderloins are on the menu. Hell to the no.

Sangediver said...

We do actually, and it's been getting a lot of use. Not sure if it's doing anything, but worth the possibility