Sunday, May 13, 2007

FRAK!

Unfortunately, Battlestar Galactica is almost done. According to Katie Sackhoff (Starbuck) & Edward James Olmos (Adama), this upcoming season starting in January is to be the last season for one of my favorite shows.

Apparently it's being canceled due to overly high production costs compared to the relatively low number of viewers. This could get me started on a very long rant about the viewing choices of America, but I won't let it.

Yet another great show canceled. Although I suppose in SciFi's defense, they gave it a fair shot. Three seasons for a show like BSG is admirable, considering the ratings have never been super high. Yet another example of great writing almost being a hindrance to the success of a show. Why watch a show that you have to actually pay attention to when the Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars and American Idol are...no I said I wouldn't do this...

But I digress, it will be missed and at least the show is getting a whole season to wrap things up.

Lords of Kobol be praised and hopefully Beyond the Red Line will be finished soon!

No comments: