Wednesday, May 23, 2007

All hail...

...the execs at ABC. For those that don't watch Lost...let me "esplain" - without any spoilers.

During the season finale of Lost, our local weather was pretty crazy (rain, snow and such all across the Front Range). This blog entry has little to do with the actual episode, for that I'll refer you to my friend Drheimlich (Although I loved it and for many, many reasons - possibly to be discussed in a later blog).

Anyway, ABC cut in with weather reports and warnings, but NEVER interrupted the broadcast of the show. They relayed the information of the severe storm to us, WITHOUT interrupting the episode, and were very poignant about telling us that the episode would not be interrupted.

I know that this is probably an advertising stunt by the sponsors of the season finale of Lost, but it's impressive anyway. The fact that they acknowledged the viewers is quite admirable. If I could remember the sponsors of the season finale, I would rave about them, but I can't. (See this blog).

In any case;
I revere you, Oh Mighty Execs of ABC, and I request of thee, PUHLEEZE teach the other TV execs (FOX) to treat shows as thou dost...

No comments: