Thursday, September 20, 2007

My cyber hair is graying

Even the internet mocks my age...

Today I was entering some info for a site, and at one point I needed to enter my birth date. I was fairly depressed that I had to click to the third screen to find my birth year, something I've noticed a few times in the past, but really hit me this time. It was nice back when you could just write the age on a a form- it wasn't a factor then.

I know that mid thirties isn't "old" per se, it's still strange to know that I could be a parent to the kids that are graduating high school. Although, I suppose it could be worse, I could be as old as Toothygrim ;)

Maybe it's time for a pre-mid life crisis, fast cars and faster women here I come!!!

5 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

I have one that bothers me more though. Some movie sites are meant for those over 17, and so there's an age verification. What makes this scary to me is that you can't just put in a fake birthday. If you read the fine print, it says:

"I authorize you to confirm the accuracy of the information I have submitted against government-issued ID."

Now I have a valid, government issued ID. And I haven't passed one of these verifications yet. The workaround most have posted is to Google the birthday and zip code of President Bush.

I understand there's quick workarounds, but the underlying point still disturbs me.

And back on point here at the end...you could be as old as Toothygrim?

Hmm. I guess I could be as old as Sangediver. I'm still in that 26-34 bracket on the forms. hehe! :-D

/runs away quickly

Anonymous said...

1) While I'm a few months older than you, right now at least we're the same age (I stopped saying I'm X years and Y months about age 6).

2) Who was that sucking wind like an octogenarian last night after Ultimate Frisbee?

3) I thought your wife knew how to operate a computer enough to get on the internet, and I've heard you mention your blog in front of her before. Do you WANT to die?

4) (for Roland) "Some movie sites are meant for those over 17", and just what kinds of sites are we talking about... hmm? Why do I think that there are a lot of perverts out there who think old George is a loyal customer?

-Some Snarky Old Guy

Roland Deschain said...

Hey, I just wanted to see the naked (cgi granted) Angelina Jolie. Is that such a sin? IS IT!?!?!

http://www.beowulfmovie.com/restricted/index.html

hotdrwife said...

Ooh ooh!

Let me guess who Snarky Old Guy is ... I know that tone! :)

PS I started feeling old when they started playing the music I loved in high school on 103.6 The Fox.

Sangediver said...

SOB - I mean SOG, I never claimed to be in shape - just younger than some.

I agree HDW, a number of years ago I was working at a music store and a father and his daughter came up to buy some CDs. The daughter looked at the selection (Van Halen and such) and said "Dad, don't buy that old folk music." I about cried...