Sunday, August 12, 2007

Centauri Sings!

Last night I endured my annual night of the Shakespeare Festival in Boulder. That's not to say I don't enjoy Shakespeare, sometimes. I just get tired of the same frelling plot lines and devices.

Anyway, we say As You Like It and the actress that played Helen has also starred in The Last Starfighter: The Musical.

My original thought was W...T...F???

When I got home I Googled it and it's apparently a good show (at least received a number of good reviews). Now, I like the movie, it holds a dear place in my childhood. However, I still have to ask, what makes someone think that The Last Starfighter would make a good musical?!?! It made me start to think about other movies that I love from my childhood.

They Live? Robocop? Scanners? Ice Pirates?!?!

I really liked The Thing, but I can't begin to imagine it as a musical...would it have a tentacled, singing dog???

No comments: