Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Letter to George and Steven

Dear sirs,

Please don't let the next Indiana movie blow chunks. While both of you have destroyed some of my fondest childhood memories, Indiana remains pure and untarnished - please let it remain so.

I almost want to ask you to just let the series remain peacefully dead. My remaining inner child (the parts that haven't been ripped apart and forced to accept film "reimagining" in the name of cheap marketing ploys, huge plot holes, retarded dialogue and political statements), would like to hope that Indy IV will be as fun and exciting as the others. However, my rational adult side knows that you'll smother that small, eager child with your wet pillow of arrogance.

I know that this series falls under the same category as Star Wars & E.T., i.e. your "original visions", but you screwed those up and I can't help but feel Indy is close on Han & E.T.'s tails.

That being said, I am happy to hear that Karen Allen is reprising her role as Marion. Which is kinda cool. So I suppose there's a legitimate reason to hope for the best.

Of course that just leads to a higher sense of disappointment...

No comments: