Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Phenomenons and odd looks.

In the mid 80s one of my all time favorite shows aired - The Muppet Show. I watched it religiously and plan on getting the series on DVD soon. Anyway, there was one episode that has stuck with me all my life. It was the "Menonmena" muppets (here's the link for the original video) .


Ever since The Muppets show aired these critters I have had a compulsion to sing this song everytime I would hear the word "phenomenon" or anything like it. Going to college for a science degree made this happen a lot. Then Muppets Tonight aired in 1996, and redid the skit with Sandra Bullock. This only worsened my "problem".





Bottom line, I received a lot of strange looks during college. For some reason, people find it odd to sing "do-doo-do-do-dooo" in class , even if it was under my breath. Maybe that's why no one talked to me...

No comments: