Wednesday, April 4, 2007

100 Greatest?


Recently I got a bug to start playing my guitar again. I used to play (only about 22 years ago), but I've obviously forgotten everything I knew.

In any case, in my searches for tablature and tips on not sucking, I came across this Yop 100 guitarists of all time.

While I'm far from being an expert on guitar playing, some of the entries kind of baffle me.

Keith Richards is the 10th best guitarist of all time? Duane Allman #2? Kurt Cobain gets #12, while Eddy Van Halen is #70?!?!?

Am I missing something???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm missing something... what do the top guitar players have to do with the title of today's adventure? I couldn't follow the train of thought and figured I must be talking to my wife again and just *thinking* I was reading a blog...

Sangediver said...

Oops, hate it when I start on a topic and get distracted by another - but I suppose that headline made about as much sense as the list ;)

hotdrwife said...

I read a Rolling Stone article recently talking about that doofus that Jessica Simpson is dating with the big fat head being an up and coming 'really good' guitarist. He very well might be, but his head is so big it could change the tides.

Sidenote: And Keith Richards just admitted to snorting his dad's ashes mixed in with some coke.

And I'm glad to know you're playing again! Good!!