Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Really? Gullible isn't in the dictionary?

In 1997 a junior high school student in Idaho Falls won his science fair with a project on a little known killer - Dihydrogen Monoxide.

This caustic material is prevalent in almost everything in our lives, it's a major ingredient in beer and pesticides, it's used as a industrial cleaner, and has caused millions of deaths worldwide - and the government refuses to do anything about it!

What causes me to blog about it is I found this awesome website about this compound. It's dhmo.org, and everyone should check it out! One of my favorite claims:

"A recent stunning revelation is that in every single instance of violence in our country's schools, including infamous shootings in high schools in Denver and Arkansas, Dihydrogen Monoxide was involved. In fact, DHMO is often very available to students of all ages within the assumed safe confines of school buildings. None of the school administrators with which we spoke could say for certain how much of the substance is in use within their very hallways."

In reality the said science project above was actually on the gullibility of people, and the student won his science fair. It makes me wonder how many people really start to worry about this. I do know that in 2004 a Californian suburb almost voted to ban foam containers at city events because (among other things) was made with DHMO - scary.

Crap, I just realized my Nalgene Bottle is completely contaminated with it, I've been unknowingly poisoning myself for years now. Goodbye cruel world!

No comments: