Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My "Z" Plan is ready...how about you?


Last night I finished reading The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, also the author of World War Z. I loved World War Z (here's DrHeimlich's review) and The Zombie Survival Guide was pretty enjoyable too.

Written (obviously) as a "How-To" guide to survive a zombie attack, it's done in such a way that made me actually start considering what supplies/escape routes I had. I loved that I almost started to worry about how defensible my home is (not very - don't come here if the dead rise).

I think my parents' house would do nicely for a Class 1 or 2 outbreak, but not above that.

Told you it made me think seriously about my options, which made me really enjoy the book. I also really liked the last part, a chronological listing of various outbreaks around the world. Again it's written in such a way, and with just enough facts sprinkled in, that I could actually believe it's happened before.

Bottom line, a fun read and definitely a recommended book, though don't be surprised if you spend the next day looking for a machete and a M1 Carbine...

1 comment:

hotdrwife said...

I had actually heard of this book not long ago and thought, "Gee, he'd really dig this book!" - WILD! Glad to know you enjoyed it ...

Gotta run, Zombies at the door ...