Friday, April 27, 2007

Dear Gods - It's Over

Driving home today a song came on the radio. It was Green Day's "When September Ends".

Now I distinctly remember the first September that passed after this song was released (which was June 2005). Even then it was so over played that I thought to myself "Thank the gods that September is over, maybe they'll stop playing this song". I was to be completely disappointed.

Here we are a 19 months later, and September JUST....WON'T.....END! It's like a frakking Twilight Zone episode.

Not only is it overplayed - but it's really not a good song, it's a whiny attempt to be meaningful rather than enjoyable. Reminds me of another band...

Please, please, please stop playing this song - I used to like Green Day, but this song is sucking what affection I had for this band into a dark and evil place.

Michael Stipe is starting to sound good next to this song....

3 comments:

hotdrwife said...

I'm sorry ... what did you say?? Did you JUST SAY Michael Stipe is sounding good?

Um.

I'm going to go ahead and look for the rest of the Horsemen, fyi.

And I'm telling my husband. Damn world is coming undone now.

Oooooh - and I heard Me and Julio today. I sang loud and proud, too!!!

BEEEEEEEEEER!

Sangediver said...

Sounding good as far as in...
If I have to listen to a whiny, self-righteous band - it might as well be Stipe...

Me & Julio? You mean Me & Eduardo down by the schoolyard?

hotdrwife said...

No, dammit, JORGE!!!

PS Heard that Green Day is doing a cover of a Lennon song .. hmmm?