Monday, July 14, 2008

Fewer reboots of the OOS required

The other day there was yet another pharmacuetical commercial that I had to chuckle at. It's for some birth control that also inhibits a woman's period to once a quarter. Sounds great right? Going from 12+ to only 4 times a year, terrific.

What got me was the "Side effects may include blood clots, stroke and heart attack."

Um, excuse me?!? Being male, I know I'm treading in dangerous waters here, and I can only imagine what the difficulties of the menstrual cycle can be. However, is it really so bad to be willing to risk death?!?!

I would be worried about being killed in my sleep for wondering this, but I know there's only one woman that reads this. Fortunately she's also pretty cool, at least I hope so...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, there are times I'd rather die than deal with the period... and I'm not even the female in the relationship.

(It is left to the reader's imagination who wrote this since I would sooner gut myself with a ball-point pen than provide proof of my identity... it would be quicker and less painful than the alternative)

Sangediver said...

Hmm. I wonder what little crotchety, blue man wrote that...