Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Irish for Bankrupt

A long while ago, a good friend and I lived together just down the street from a Bennigan's. One evening while a small group if us were enjoying Monte Cristos and Turkey O'tooles, the server approached and asked if we wanted to join the Bennigan's Club (or something like that). We all said yes and proceeded to fill the little sign-up sheets out. My friend, ever concerned about Big Brother, filled out a bogus name - Seamus Finnegan. I don't really remember the surname, but I definitely remember the first name, Seamus.


Anyway, "Seamus" turned in his card and we left happy and full. Not a month later that particular Bennigan's closed. Ever since, we have blamed "Seamus" for cursing that particular restaurant location.

Well, it took him a over a decade, but Seamus has completed his mission. Bennigan's announced yesterday that all company owned restaurants are being closed. Franchised locations will remain open, but the company is apparently devastated from the "Small, white lie" that Seamus perpetrated those many years ago.

For all those that suddenly find themselves unemployed, contact me - I know where he lives!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

and also

WHERE THE HELL AM I GOING TO GET MONTE CRISTOS NOW?!?!?!?

Roland Deschain said...

mmm....artery clogging monte cristos....

AND BROCCOLI BITES!!!!!

Grr. Snarl.

Damn you Snarky. :P

Unknown said...

féimheach

Unknown said...

and also

póg mo tóin

Sangediver said...

Nice googling Snarky. But I already knew what Bankruptcy was in Irish - Seamus.

hotdrwife said...

I think one of the last few times I saw Snarky Smurf was at the Bennigan's on Colorado ... hmmm. And your wedding, but whatever. Details.