Friday, October 5, 2007

I don't remember taking any LSD

Tonight a friend (SOG) called to tell me to check out channel 12 (a local non-profit channel). They were running their "Please give us money" telethon.

What made this blog worthy is that the show they were airing was a concert. The concert was Gregorian Live, a group of men that wear dark cloaks and sing Gregorian chants. They were kind of like Enigma, with one major exception:

They chant pop songs. Yep, imagine Enigma-like chanting the lyrics to Dire Straits: "A Brother in Arms" or David Bowie's "Heroes". The best one? Gergorian chanting of Ozzy Osbourne's "If I close my Eyes Forever."

I shot you not. Don't believe me? Check out this (U2 "With or Without You").

Enjoy the freakiness. I'm hoping for a little Winger, or maybe some ZZ Top...

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

Referring back to Dr. Heimlich's post about the freaky version of Pink's "I'm Comin Up", I repeat my previous comment.

WHAT.
THE.
FARK.