Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A reason for tardiness.

Leave it to the folks in Tokyo to make something unnecessarily complicated. Here are two very Star Trekkian new wrist watches that will make people have to learn how to tell time all over again.

For example, what time is the watch to the left showing? Give up? It's 9:29, duh (OK I read the article that explains it, although knowing the time will help a few of you get it without the explanation here).

Then there's this little beauty (right). I think I have figured this one out (with the help of the diagrams), but I'm not entirely sure. Even the site I found it on wasn't sure (here). I believe the bigger watch is showing 11:11, and the one below it 11:14, but I won't be hurt if I'm proven wrong.

Don't we have enough of a problem with kids not being able to read frakking analog watches? Of course that's American kids, something tells me Japanese kids have no problem - thus the more challenging watches.

At least I can rely on Verizon to always tell me what time it is, if not to complete my calls...

No comments: