Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rockies del Fuego

They did it! The Rockies made it to the World Series for the first time ever!

Even more surprising is that I care about a baseball game! Call it jumping on the bandwagon, but I was excited last night. While I've never been a baseball fan (and never will be a true fan) I think it's pretty cool to see any Colorado team do well (I'd even cheer the Nuggets, albeit very, very grudgingly).

Especially a team that has won 21 of the last 22 games they've played. You could say that it's destiny. Though it is a Colorado team, so here's hoping they don't choke now.

I'm even tempted to look into tickets for the World Series. Then I remember that tickets will probably be thousands of dollars, and that it's still baseball, at which point I come to my senses.

On a side note, there are a surprising number of people that can't let the results of the Wildcard Playoff game against the Padres go. Matt Holliday may not have actually touched home plate for the winning run (a claim I happen to agree with). There's even a guy that created a website, www.hollidaynevertouchedtheplate.com (no link, no need to give this guy more hits). It's an entire site about how he didn't touch the plate, with video "proof" and discussions of the call. Talk about too much time on your hands.

Anyway, way to go Rockies. However, I refuse to add a "baseball" label to the blog. Plus, I'll still be cheering louder for the Avs tonight (and with that I can now use the hockey label)...

3 comments:

hotdrwife said...

I've never been a huge baseball fan in general, but the last half of the season I've taken notice. And plus, my Broncos are stinking it up, so might as well cheer for a team that isn't giving me early heart failure.

Oh, and I met Todd Helton once. Very cool guy.

And one more thing: there was an article talking about a few Dback players who had come to town for the game. They were saying how even the homeless guys were heckling them.

Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if anyone has made a website devoted to the home run they took away from the Rockies earlier in that same game. If they had gotten THAT call right, the Rockies would have won the game without the need for extra innings.

Snarky Smurf

Sangediver said...

HDW, you meet all the cool people

SS, Probably not, since the Rockies won, there's nothing to complain about. But I'm with ya...