Monday, December 17, 2007

Sizing Issues

Here at the shop we just got some new sweatshirts that are pretty cool. They're targeted to women as an after warm-up jacket for after the dive, but that's not really important.

What makes me post about them is their sizing. the available sizes are "Smallest", "Smaller", "Small", "Most", "Big", "Bigger" and "Biggest".

That seems strangely insulting for a jacket marketed to women. Who's going to feel good about buying the "Biggest" size? Or, for that matter, anything over "Most".

That's brilliant, make your target group feel horrible about their purchase...

5 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

"Most"???

WTF size is MOST? Is there a picture chart for this crap?

Kate Moss would be the picture for "Smallest" and Rosie O'Donnell for Biggest?

Come ON. Because the sizing of women's clothing isn't a farking mystery already. I've been on many clothing trips with women and I have absolutely no idea how they EVER find anything that fits with the cryptic decoder ring way that things are marked for sizes.

And if someone told me that I needed the size "Bigger" I might just have to readjust the size of their "Smallest" body orifice...

Sangediver said...

LOL, That's exactly my point.

I've been telling everyone that they would fi tin Most or smaller...

Anonymous said...

It's not about the tag in the back...

But MORE importantly what's in front!!!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If there's something in the front, you don't have a genuine female. DO NOT WANT.