Monday, December 31, 2007

You're joking

After seeing the preview for the upcoming Spiderwick Chronicles, I decided to check out the books. I didn't really feel like owning the series, so I started to listen to the audio book.

The books are read by Mark Hamill, and he does an excellent job. If you've ever watched the Batman cartoons, you know what a great voice actor he is. This fits perfectly with the theme of the book, every goblin, hobgoblin, elf, troll and brownie has a distinct voice. It's been a blast, Mark Hamill obviously had a good time reading it - which shows.

As far as what I thought of the book(s), they were entertaining if not spectacular. Much like the Unfortunate Events series, it's a kids series that has a little for adults too.

Now I'm curious how the movies will ruin the books...

No comments: