Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Seasonal Spirit

We had our first real snowfall last night, and I'm sad to say that I'm already sick of it.

Not because I don't like shoveling (I actually hate it - though at least it can be decent excercise), but because people become retarded on the roads. Driving wouldn't be bad if everyone drove the same. The problem is you get 3 types of drivers. The worst are the people that have never seen snow (or act like it driving), and slow down to 2.3 mile an hour because there's some snow on the side of the frakking road. Only slightly less annoying are the drivers that have never seen the snow, but have a 4 wheel drive, which gives them the confidence to drive 100 miles an hour past everyone else. Of course these people, more often than not, give me a chuckle later down the road (as I talked about last year). Finally there's drivers like me, who drive perfectly in the snow (I know I just jinxed myself - notice to all of my friends with trucks, I will be calling you this season to pull me out)!

Now today I'll cut them a little more slack, but the thing that amazes me the most is how spacial relations disappear. I can't be the only one that knows about where the sidewalk is - why does everyone drive down the middle of a 4 lane road?

What about parking lots? Do people really forget that the parking spaces are just wider than their car, not 20 feet wide? Whether there's snow or not, I know that when I park next to another car there should be just enough room to open the door, not enough room for half a car.

Anyway, that's the end of my yearly winter rant, and now for something completely different:

For a good holiday laugh call:
(413) 241-2498

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

Yeah, lemme tell ya. Snow makes people morons. It took me 45 minutes to get from Belleview to Hampden on Wadsworth this morning.

Hell, they couldn't even keep the TRAINS on the tracks with the derailments. :P