Friday, December 14, 2007

Tuxedoed Vultures

Last night we went to a company christmas pasrty. It was a very nice one, 3 course meal and everything.

What made it a tad uncomfortable (other than my lack of knowing more than 2 people) was that the servers were almost too attentive.

The second the salad was finished, the plate disappeared. While this level of service is great when you need something, it was a tad disconcerting to have the servers circling the table.

I mean that literally too. At one point of the servers did two and a half laps around our table, before heading to the next one. Ever try to eat with a stranger looking over your shoulder?

It was a little wierd...

1 comment:

Roland Deschain said...

Strangely, at my Gestapo-ish cafeteria for a while in high school, I got used to people lurking while I was eating.

Now you know why I tend to guard my plate with several sharp knives.

Damn thieves. :P