Monday, February 4, 2008

Gnomish

Today I finished Half Life 2: Episode 2, and I liked it. It was really more of the same, but I like that "same" so much I don't mind.

After finishing it, I checked what achievements I had gotten, and which ones may be worth going back and replaying parts for. Most of them are things like, "Catch a grenade and send it back", "find 5 hidden caches", etc. I have no idea what happens if you get them all, but I would guess nothing - so I'm probably not going to try for more.

The most unique one is the "Little Rocket Man." Near the beginning of the Episode, there's this garden gnome. To get this achievement you must carry it, without letting it break, through most of the episode. Near the end you can put it into a rocket to send it to space - ugh.

While not exactly hard (you can store him in safe places during battles), this has got to be tedious. All for little gain, except maybe to say you sent a garden gnome into space in a video game. I dunno, maybe chicks dig it...

2 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

Well...if you're into stealing garden gnomes and sending pictures to the person you stole it from...

I'd say that sending it into space is just one ginormous "Fark you."

It's for when you truly HATE the person you stole the gnome from.

Or if you just have a seething hatred of gnomes.

In which case I'd suggest some therapy for that dementia you've got brewing.

Sangediver said...

There's another real specific phobia: gnomophobia - fear of garden gnomes...