Sunday, February 17, 2008

M.I.C.K.E.Why?

This friday we're leaving for Florida to take a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas. It's a Disney cruise (kind of a family reunion deal - chosen for the kids) and despite that I'm looking forward to some time away.

Anyway, Disney allows guests to check in online a few weeks before the trip. After doing just that, I have a few comments to make...

Disney Corp is a megalomaniacal, intrusive, scary-ass company (not that that's really news mind you). I say this because of some of the questions during the check in process. While some are understandable, passport info and birthdates and such. There was a section about what my plans were after disembarking, my choices were "Visiting another Disney attraction.", "Heading to the airport" and "Other". These question are understandable if I was heading to another Disney Attraction. It's even slightly understandable if I was going straight to the airport (they'll confirm our flights for us). My plans are to go to my sister-in-law's house for a couple of days, so I checked "Other".

Now, imagine my irritation when it not only asked me to provide the exact address and phone number of where I'll be staying, it was required. Disney apparently feels they have a need, nay the right, to know where I'll be staying after leaving the ship. What in the frak gives them the right to force me to enter someone's address? Do they really expect me to give them a correct address? How many other poor saps fall for this?

For the record I am heading to "100 Whydoyouneedtoknow St, Orlando FL", only because my wife convinced to give a more "political" answer than "100 F&$kofftheresnoreasonyouneedtoknowthisyounosybastards Ave". Now we'll see if they let me on the boat...

4 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

Mr. Reed, thank you for your insightful blog entry about one of our corporate entities.

One of our minions will be dispatched to take care of you and your offending remarks sooner than you may think.

>:)

Unknown said...

Paranoid monkey diver! Nothing sinister here... that's just so they'll know where to deliver your luggage if (read: "when") they lose it and eventually find it.

If I'm wrong, I'd be afraid of Roland's assassins, but they'll probably show up at 100 Whydoyouneedtoknow St, Orlando FL.

Roland Deschain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roland Deschain said...

Please.

The company may not be that smart but most of the assassins they hire are.

The assassin won't be going to any silly address.

I'm sure he'll just remove the offending party on the frakking SHIP. >:)

Enjoy your cruise, sir. We look forward to your comments upon your (chuckle) return. >:D