Monday, May 12, 2008

Deaths of Expectations

Recently I started watching films from the Afterdark Horrorfest 2007. The other day, I started with a film called The Deaths of Ian Stone. It's a pretty good horror film, but I don't understand one thing. The Horrorfest films were billed as films that couldn't be released because they were supposedly too violent, disturbing, or graphic for the general public.

I have to say, while it was an enjoyable movie, I was disappointed. There was nothing more disturbing in this film than a lot of released films, films like AVP:Requiem the The Grudge. Both of those were much more disturbing than Deaths.

Again, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I did. It just seemed like it was a indie film that simply didn't make release in the States. That's not to say that I'm looking for films that are more gore than story. I'm really not a fan of the Saw and Hostel type movie. I just wanted to see what is so disturbing about these films. Anyway, on to the others...

No comments: