Saturday, May 17, 2008

KFSubliminal

I know not everyone out there watches commercials, but sometimes it's a huge source of amusement. Take the latest KFC ad, at the very end the snacker sandwiches are shown with a dollar bill laced in the lettuce.

It took me a couple of viewings before I was sure I didn't just imagine it. Sure enough it's real, I am, by no means, the first to blog about this.

Turns out it's a promo thing that KFC is doing. The first 1000 people to fill out a form online will get a free sandwich. Apparently they've been doing this before with a previous commercial that DVR owners could watch in slow motion to see a hidden message. This message could be used to get free stuff at local restaurants.

Anyway, I think it's an interesting take on advertising. Ever since the invention of the VCR, companies have fretted losing the effectiveness of ads. Kudos to them! I was wondering why I felt a strange urge to have a drumstick for dessert....

No comments: