Friday, April 4, 2008

Galactica Believeth

Tonight's Battlestar Galactica was a shining example of why I love this show.

Not only did it further explore the effect of the four new Cylons, it also did a great job of dealing with Cara coming back and Baltar's new freedom. I love that Baltar's moments in this episode are making him more and more real. With his flaws, desires and imperfect reactions to impossible situations, he's always been the most human on the show . The ironic part is that he's the one that truly wishes he were a Cylon.

The new Cylon's reactions were interesting to me. Last season I found it odd that they all simply accepted that they were Cylons. I do find it refreshing that they have decided as a group to say "frak you" to being Cylons and be the best Colonials they can be. We'll see were that leads.

Starbuck coming back at the end of last season was, while not a surprise, welcome. She's always been my favorite character and I'm glad we get more time with her. I'm really curious to see where they go with her, and to see if she really is what she says she is. I really don't think she's the last Cylon, it's way too obvious and I'm afraid I'll be a tad upset if she is. However, I do like the mistrust she's receiving from the crew. It seems right and understandable.

All in all I loved it, I just wish the producers had more than one season to wrap everything up with, but c'est la vie.

As a side note, here's an interesting bit from Scifi.com, with a few good comments from Joss Whedon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roland Deschain said...

I've started watching this now that there is an end in sight - damn good show. ;-)

I should be caught up by the end...lol... :D