Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Old news

Tonight I met a few friends to play Rock band at a local bar. While it was fun, what makes me post about the evening has nothing to do with the game. The NTN trivia game that was played was either very old, or created by people that live in Uganda. The ticker along the bottom of the questions was giving "tonights NHL scores".

According to the ticker, Anaheim beat the Rangers 4 to 1. The Avalanche beat the Sharks 3 to 1!! The problem here is these scores were over 2 months old.

I wonder if I can call the NTN folks and place bets about "upcoming" games. Maybe even wager big money against the Anaheim Ducks or Minnesota Wild...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking of time travel... it says that you posted this at 11:47 pm on April 22. I'm leaving my comment at about 4pm on April 22 so I'm afraid of the weird time zone vortex the time stamp on your blog has been sucked into.

Roland Deschain said...

Maybe we can make these bets during those games where the answers don't match the questions?

"What is the capitol of Florida?"
1) Tallahassee
2) Talladega
3) Miami
4) Florida Keys
5) Okefenokee Swamp

The answer is: Blue M&Ms.

Yeah, I never would have guessed THAT either.

Sangediver said...

Ah the hazards of writing something for the next day and forgetting to correct the date/time