Friday, April 11, 2008

No really, Microsoft pays YOU!

Well, the old "Microsoft and AOL will write you a check if you forward this email" email is making it's round again. My question is this, who actually believes this?

Apparently a ton of people. I just received one that had been forwarded to a total of over 40 people. This was after someone tried to tell everyone it was a scam meant to overload servers, phish for info or simply just waste time (I say as I waste time at work typing this).

The part that really got me in this day and age is that a surprising number of people put their contact info in the gorram email as the forwarded it.

I guess there's no accounting for the gullibility for people I suppose...

2 comments:

Roland Deschain said...

LOL...I got one of these from my mom last year. I've had to go a long way into explaining scam emails to my mom and help her set up spam filters - and she's pretty good now.

If this is actually true, I should frakking OWN Microsoft - because I got this email for the first time when I was still in school at DU...in 1994!!!!

Roland Deschain said...

By the way, I can get rid of these silly scam and spam emails for you. If you just email me your contact information and a credit card number, I can guarantee you that for $9.95, you'll never have to (or be able to) pay anyone again for the service.

I'll be anxiously awaiting all of your emails. ;P