Friday, November 23, 2007

Mist-taculous


After seing The Mist I can now stop worrying. The movie Rocked the Casbah!

I swear that some of the imagery was pulled straight out of my head. The filming is done in the same basic way the audio book was done. Even when the town's siren blows, it sent a chill down my spine - it was exactly like I remembered. While it's billed as a monster movie, the movie is more about the personal reactions of the folks caught in an unbelievable situation and that makes it shine.

If I have to nit pick I would say that the ending, while excellent, had a bit of a "What the hell?" aspect to it. This is major minor point though, if you've ever heard or read The Mist, I can't recommend it enough. Even if you haven't I'd still say "Definitely check it out."

For a more un-biased opinion check out DrHeimlich, he'll probably blog about it better than I can soon...

No comments: