Monday, November 19, 2007

Who Called?

Last night I finished another book called Moon Called that turned out to be the first of another frakking series.

And before anyone asks, I did not read it because of the cover. Point of fact it was a "stripped" book - I got from a friend that works at a book store (meaning the cover was torn off). Of course admitting that I now need to go buy the book (something I'm doing tonight, oh vicious literary lawyer-types)

Anyway, it's about a mechanic that can change form into a coyote. She's a skinchanger that was raised by werewolves and has interaction with the whole range of faerie creatures; vampires, gremlins, witches, etc. The world has just recently become aware of some of the fae, but not all. It made for an interesting twist to the werewolf/vampire story.

Really the book was entertaining, if not spectacular. So I'm definitely NOT recommending t to anyone (got that SS?) However, if you're looking for something light hearted and fun this may be a book worth picking up. The setting is wroth it on it's own, if you're into that sort of thing.

For the record this book had it's own ending, it wasn't until a few moments ago I found out it's the beginning of a series. However, it seems as though it may be a series that tends to have self contained stories about a single character - but we'll see.

Anyway, on to read I Am Legend, just because I want it ruined by the movie coming out...

No comments: